Posted on November 10 2015
Arroz con leche | chocolate with sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup (320g) sweetened condensed milk
- 90 grams Mexican hot chocolate (1 disk of Abuelita or Ibarra brands)
- If you don't have Mexican hot chocolate: substitute for 45 grams cacao liquor, 45 grams sugar, ½ teaspoon Mexican cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Rinse rice, place in pot with water and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients and stir constantly to avoid spilling and sticking.
- Remove from heat after rice fully cooks, 10-20 minutes, and when it is your desired consistency. The rice will dry out as it cools. So if you want a creamy rice pudding, remove from heat when it still has some liquid. But make sure the rice is cooked. You can always add a splash of water if it gets too dry.
If there is one thing I remember eating my entire life it’s chocolate and tamales, but not at the same time. Tamale...Read More
I have been eating my way through Latin America for most of my life. It all began in Los Angeles, California, which i...Read More
Sweet Tamales are a seasonal and magical type of tamale that is made with fresh corn. In Ecuador, Peru, and Colombia ...Read More