Posted on November 10 2015
Arroz con leche | chocolate with sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup (320g) sweetened condensed milk
- 90 grams Mexican hot chocolate (1 disk of Abuelita or Ibarra brands)
- If you don't have Mexican hot chocolate: substitute for 45 grams cacao liquor, 45 grams sugar, ½ teaspoon Mexican cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Rinse rice, place in pot with water and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients and stir constantly to avoid spilling and sticking.
- Remove from heat after rice fully cooks, 10-20 minutes, and when it is your desired consistency. The rice will dry out as it cools. So if you want a creamy rice pudding, remove from heat when it still has some liquid. But make sure the rice is cooked. You can always add a splash of water if it gets too dry.
How to make a small batch of bean-to-bar chocolate
I became a chocolatier 14 years ago and a chocolate maker 6 years ago. Most people don't realize that there is a BIG ...
Chocolate arroz con leche | Chocolate rice pudding
Over the past few years I have worked with indigenous women in Mexico, Peru, Belize, Guatemala, and Panama. My missio...
Brigadeiros - The Brazilian upscale tootsie-rolls
100% cacao Brigadeiros When I moved to Brazil I saw brigadeiros everywhere. It was the most popular and ubiquitous co...