Posted on September 17 2014
Peach Upside Down Cake recipe
- 9” cake pan (at least 2” tall) or skillet. 375 degrees.
- Let cool 20 minutes.
- 6 T butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 peaches (4 cups) diced into squares
- 1.5 cup ap flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 2tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (3/4 cup heavy cream + 1T lemon)
- Melt butter in the cake pan until brown, pour into bowl.
- Using the same pan add the brown sugar, layer evenly then top with the peaches evenly.
- In the butter bowl add egg, buttermilk. Whisk. Add the flour, salt, soda, vanilla, cinnamon powder, and baking powder, sugar.
- Pour over the peaches and bake for about 40 minutes until brown.
Mexican Hot Chocolate disks - melt them & make them better!
Mexican hot chocolate disks are rock hard chocolate disks used to make drinking chocolate. The disks are made up of c...
How to make a small batch of bean-to-bar chocolate
I became a chocolatier 14 years ago and a chocolate maker 5 years ago. Most people don't realize that there is a BIG ...
Brigadeiros - The Brazilian upscale tootsie-rolls
100% cacao Brigadeiros When I moved to Brazil I saw brigadeiros everywhere. It was the most popular and ubiquitous co...